S-in motion® for C-Segment Vehicles
The S-in motion® range of solutions is constantly updated as ArcelorMittal develops new automotive steels and solutions. It currently includes 60 solutions for 43 parts of a typical C-segment vehicle.
Steels and solutions utilised in S-in motion®
- Advanced high strength steels (AHSS)
- Press hardened steels (PHS), also called hot stamping
- Cold stamping
- Laser welded blanks
- Long and tubular products
Gains through S-in motion® solutions
- Savings of up to 73 kg or 19% of a typical C-segment vehicle’s body-in-white and chassis weight
- A 13.5% reduction in CO2 equivalent (eq) emissions during the vehicle’s use-phase
- Automakers achieve these savings at neutral cost without compromising the vehicle’s safety performance
S-in motion®... in motion
The S-in motion® solutions of our catalogue are being implemented in production vehicles today, and are constantly adapted to new requirements of the market such as crash requirements.