Stamping support on site / feasibility
Specific tools for numerical analysis developed by ArcelorMittal allow to achieve an accurate analysis taking into account the desired safety margin in the final design of the part.
Exclusive ArcelorMittal tools are based on:
- Specific forming limit curves for the welding areas of tailored blanks
- Specific methodologies to analyze forming operations by Finite Element Model (FEM)
- Specific numerical tool to predict and compensate spring-back after stamping named Outifo
Stamping feasibility studies rely on the Forming Limit Curves (FLC) of the welded area model developed by ArcelorMittal:
- The FLC of the weaker material is not sufficient to predict the behavior of the tailored blanks during stamping
- The recognized ArcelorMittal FLC model of the welded area has been presented in numerous congresses:
- Mechanical Working and Steel Processing
- ISS congress
- International Deep Drawing Group Congress
- Great Design in Steel
AMTB developed specific tools to support the car makers for the implementation of Laser welded parts in their models.
Some key factors should be always analyze to guarantee a good acceptance of the simulation. Feasibility analysis of the weld line is also a key factor for these studies.
Fracture on real part
LWB FLC allows to predict rupture by stamping simulation