In this third video episode you will learn more about how ArcelorMittal's Global R&D efforts turn research into the advanced lightweight and safety solutions that carmakers need.
Greg Ludkovsky, Vice President Global R&D and Jean-Luc Thirion, Head of Global R&D for Automotive, answer questions about:
- How much effort we spend on the various aspects of automotive R&D in terms of process, product and solutions research
- What the 3rd Generation Advanced High Strength Steels (3rd Gen AHSS) will bring compared to existing AHSS solutions.
- Why it is important to have the right steel in the place of a vehicle
- Why steel is both the most sustainable and the most affordable material to save weight
Summarising this video in one quote:
- "You can make a car out of gold, out of platinum, out of aluminum, you can make it out of composite. But why would you do that if you can do the same with steel - at a fraction of the expense?"
Greg Ludkovsky - Vice President Global R&D